“WoonKi Acupuncture” Stimulates Sedona Residents’ Brain-Body Health
In Sedona, there is available a healing technique that combines ancient Oriental Medicine and modern brain fitness. For almost 10 year, this simple yet profound hybrid technique called “WoonKi Acupuncture” has been delivering the benefits of enhanced peace, relaxation and healing. In Korean, “Woon” means circulation and vibration, and “Ki” refers to human life energy.
At the BR Clinic in Uptown Sedona, Banya Lim, a licensed acupuncturist and multi-generation healer, teaches classes and private sessions in WoonKi Acupuncture. BR Clinic focuses on the wellness and healing of the body’s energy system by regarding the brain as the key to overall health. It creatively utilizes an array of ancient and modern acupuncture and related methods.
Woonki Acupuncture was created by Ilchi Lee (Ilchi.com), world-renowned brain philosopher and educator for 30 years, founder and president of the International Brain Education Association (ibreaus.org), which is based in Sedona, where he has lived for more than 10 years.
Here is a sample of the benefits experienced by Sedona residents who received Woonki Acupuncture at the BR Clinic:
- “The energy in me flowed freely and easily to every part of my body. Various parts of my body began to get hot. It was a very peaceful feeling.
- “I experienced profound relaxation. There were times that I did not feel my body. I really enjoyed the experience.”
- “I could feel the energy circulating throughout my body, especially around my neck and shoulders, where I usually have blockages.”
The effectiveness of the Oonki Acupuncture method is attributed to the synergy of its “five dimensions.”
The first dimension is the playing of uplifting music selected by Lim that can activate parts of the brain. She states, “A growing number of research studies support that certain music contributes to positive brain states, including relaxing and healing.”
Woonki Acupuncture’s second dimension involves Lim placing a needle at the very top of the scalp, thus the nickname of Scalp Acupuncture. She explains, “Although after a few seconds most clients hardly know the needle is there, it is starting to activate the natural healing ability of the body by opening powerful acupuncture points in the head.”
As the method opens brain-body energy channels (meridians), clients experience the circulation of energy throughout their entire body. In the brain, endorphins and other hormones are released. As Lim puts it, “These chemicals in the brain are known to improve immune functions, relieve pain, strengthen organs, and create a sense of well-being.”
Lim describes how the needle’s placement on the very top of the scalp leads to positive brain-body effects, “This top-of-the-head spot in an infant is called the frontanelle, or soft spot, which closes by the age of two. Research has found that infants easily generate Delta brain waves, which produce growth hormones found to play a vital part in the body’s natural ability to heal and rejuvenate.” However, children’s ability decreases, as they grow older.
Lim points out that this top acupuncture point in Korean is called the BaekHwe, which means where 100 energy points converge. A passage in the ancient text “Taoist Storehouse” refers to the head as the body’s most important part – “it is the meeting place of one hundred spirits.”
According to Lim, “Although the frontanelle in adults is gone, thus diminishing our ability to access healing Delta brain waves, I believe that this state is regained during WoonKi Acupuncture.”
While engaged in a deep sleep, the brain most often produces Delta brain waves, the deepest frequencies that it can produce. As Lim expresses it, “Your Delta brain state is the level where you recharge your batteries, and in the morning feel wide awake and refreshed.”
As for the third dimension of Woonki Acupuncture, Lim demonstrates to clients the process of Brain Wave Vibration. Explained in Lee’s latest book, “Brain Wave Vibration: Getting Back into the Rhythm of a Happy, Healthy Life” (brainwavevibration.com), it is a remarkably easy training method designed to relieve stress and restore equilibrium to the body and mind.
Lim says, “Brain wave vibration consists of the gentle, rhythmical shaking of the head and body, through which the client achieves harmonious brain wave patterns that can result in a more relaxed, peaceful state of being.” People worldwide who have taken only brain wave vibration training have reported a range of salutary healing benefits.
Woonki Acupuncture’s fourth dimension is a guided meditation led by Lim. It includes visualizing light moving into the brain and throughout the body, often becoming brighter and diffusing into various colors. Lim comments, “On some level, the brain does not know the difference between what is actual and imagined. Thus, in the brain’s world, this visualized light can end up resulting in calmness and peace, joy and wonder, and well-being and healing.”
This is how two clients experienced the power of light in their guided meditation:
- “I saw the light as very bright, illuminating through my head and brain stem. Next it turned blue and then purple, and became purple and blue simultaneously. When I brought the light down to my perineum and up spine, I felt an energy surge throughout my entire body. I felt healing in my foot that had hurt since the day before. My entire body became warm, and felt relaxed, whole and well.”
- “The light in the guided meditation radiated and opened areas in me that required healing. I felt an overall felling of peace, well being and joy in my heart.”
The fifth dimension of Woonki Acupuncture is Lim inviting clients to focus on their dreams, wishes and goals. These may involve desired outcomes in the areas of health, emotions, spirituality, relationships, and abundance.
This process is believed to work because Woonki Acupuncture helps clients produce Delta brain waves, which sends messages to the subconscious, the area where intuition is generated. According to Lim, “During the Delta brain wave state created by Woonki Acupuncture, articulated goals in the form of information can reach into the unconscious mind, which can result in the cleansing and empowerment of the brain-body system.”
These clients report Woonki Acupuncture helping them start to manifest their stated goals:
- “This is a powerful practice! Doing the brain wave vibration exercise with the acupuncture needle seemed to make my goal absolutely come into reality. This was so real. And then I found myself experiencing a lot of happiness.“
- My goals are healthy lungs and clear sinuses. During the Woonki Acupuncture, I cleared the congestion in my lower lungs, and opened up the small air sacs and tubes. I could actually feel it happening. My sinuses cleared up immediately!